1101 Winters Ave, Grand Junction, CO 81501, USA
Type of Job
About the Job
A Botvin Facilitator is responsible for facilitating the Botvin Life Skills curriculum across multiple REC programming sites during the school year. Facilitators may also lead multi-day overnight trips to implement Botvin curriculum. Facilitators will be trained, supervised, and monitored by the Enrichment Assistant/Botvin Program Coordinator. Programming occurs at nine elementary schools, four middle schools, and two high school locations.
● Complete necessary Botvin Life Skills training.
● Implement effective social emotional learning sessions.
● Support and engage with youth dealing with personal issues.
● Set group norms and manage student behavior.
● Prepare in advance of weekly sessions.
● Communicate with Site Managers to schedule Botvin implementation and assist in daily programming.
● Communication with parents when needed.
● Administer program surveys and track session attendance.
● Other duties as assigned
● Education and work experience in Social Services, Behavioral Health or Health Care field preferred
● Proficiency in Google Suite
● Prior experience working with at-risk youth beneficial
● Strong leadership and organizational skills
● Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Spanish speaker a plus
● Ability to drive a 14-passenger bus preferred. No special license needed.
● Limited part-time position (15-20 hours/week) following Mesa County School District 51’s school year (Fall and Spring semesters). Opportunity for flexible summer programming as well.
● $16.50-18/hour based on experience
● Programming hours vary between sites
● Facilitators hired to work at multiple locations based on availability and program needs.