Grand Mesa Middle School
Type of Job
About the Job
REC is hiring Site Lead positions at the following location:
• Grand Mesa Middle School
A Site Lead is responsible for supporting the Site Manager with preparation, oversight, and execution of daily program operations as assigned by the Site Manager.
Work closely with Site Managers to ensure and support:
• Adequate staff coverage and structure for effective tutoring environment.
• Implement and oversee a Positive Behavior Support system.
• Check academic progress of each student weekly.
• Aid in determining necessary interventions for each individual student.
• Assist with communicating regularly with parents and classroom teachers.
• Implement effective student check-in/check-out process.
• Follow up with families when student has poor attendance.
• Elementary- With guidance from Academic Coordinator and Site Manager, ensure individual student folders updated weekly with individual lesson plans for students.
• Middle School- In coordination with Academic Coordinator and Site Manager, ensure programming adequately supports academic achievement and personal development.
• High School- In coordination with Academic Coordinator and Site Manager, ensure programming adequately supports academic achievement and personal development.
• Help guide staff and volunteers during programming sessions.
• Ensure students and families are apprised of upcoming events, activities, etc.
• Ensure all staff sign-in/sign-out daily.
• Aid in ensuring all timecards submitted and reviewed weekly ready for payroll.
• Help hold weekly site staff meeting with an agenda and minutes.
• Attend organizational programming meetings with Manager as required.
• Utilize workspace to ensure available to communicate with teachers, students, parents during the day.
• Help to organize Community activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
• Proficiency in Google, MS Office and email
• Prefer individual experienced working with at-risk youth
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Prefer Spanish speaker
• Limited Part-time position (15-20 hours) during the school year, follows Mesa County School District 51’s school year (Fall and Spring Semesters-two, 12-14-week semesters) and a three-week summer program in June
• On-site hours during programming time, during the school year. Additional hours with other REC tasks during the school year outlined above. The position will average 15-20 hours/week during the school year.
• $14-$18/hour based on experience
• As a standalone job, only : Accrued HFWA Sick Leave (1hr Sick Leave/30 worked, maximum 48 hrs per year.)
• In combination with other REC positions, may qualify for additional benefits based on total hours scheduled as detailed in employee handbook.