Type of Job
About the Job
REC is hiring a Snack Assistant to support the Snack Manager with daily snack preparation.
· Assist with purchasing snack ingredients and supplies as needed
· Pick up food from Palisade Food bank and or other stores as needed.
· Food prep at New Emerson school then deliver to JRM warehouse for pickup
· Produce snack quickly. Ex) 150 sandwiches in an hour for 4-5 hours
· Producing snack bags with healthy snacks in the same time requirements as sandwiches Ex) pickles, pretzels, celery, etc.
· Use cleaning liquids to sanitize work area.
· Follow all local and state food safety guidelines as well as CACFP requirements
· Work under time crunch to have snack available to be delivered.
· Snack delivery to sites from JRM Warehouse as needed
· Complete all required trainings
· Other duties as assigned.
• Able to stand on your feet for 4-6 hours at a time.
• Running vehicle to go to Palisade Food bank to pick up food and go to New Emerson school for food prep.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lb. 30-40 times per day.
• Able to go into walk in cooler and freezer to get food and store food.
• Experience working with food preparation preferred
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• $14.32-16.32/ hour
• Part-time, 30 hours/week during school year (August-May) and June during summer programming.
5-10 hours 4th week of June-July.
• Accrued HFWA Sick Leave (1hr Sick Leave/30 worked, maximum 48 hours per year.)
• $150 monthly Health Stipend